2. Pearl Jam - Breath
3. Chris Cornell - Seasons
4. Paul Westerberg - Dyslexic Heart
5. The Love Mongers - The Battle of Evermore
6. Mother Love Bone - Chloe Dancer/Crown of Thorns
7. Soundgarden - Birth Ritual
8. Pearl Jam - State of Love and Trust
9. Mudhoney - Overblown
10. Paul Westerberg - Waiting For Somebody
11. Jimi Hendrix - May This Be Love
12. Screaming Trees - Nearly Lost You
13. Smashing Pumpkins - Drown
Sure, this soundtrack contained some pretty vile shit (the formerly great Westerberg's "Dyslexic Heart", Ten-era Pearl Jam throw-away tracks, the grunge-lite hit "Nearly Lost You"), and even the Soundgarden song isn't that great. Why bother posting this? Well, glad you asked. While you've got to wade through a pretty deep puddle of garbage, it's all worth it in the end. Literally, the end. The final track is what I would choose as my favorite Smashing Pumpkins moment (right up there with "Starla")... feedback freakouts and space-noodling abound. While Gish and Siamese Dream were great albums, the best tracks were the hidden gems cast off for b-sides and soundtrack compilations such as this one. Go ahead, I won't judge you for bumping Mother Love Bone. I'll never know.
Leave a damn comment, please.